Tuesday 15 March 2016

Media Magazine - MRS frost.

Media- Mrs Frost: Interview with Lucy Baker: Glorious Life Magazine: By Gabby Levene:
Interview on Lucy’s New Recipe Book,’Eat the Lucy Loo Way’


Information on my Magazine:
My Magazine is on lifestyle and interviewing Celebrities on their latest achievements within the public eye. In this article you will be reading an Interview with a well known Essex Ex reality star named Lucy Baker. The magazine focuses on lifestyle events. The audience which the magazine is applicable to is Young women ranging from 16+, to 55+ women.


Introduction:
Lucy Baker known as an Ex reality tv star, who rose to fame in 2012 by starring in Essex Bubble. When she first appeared in the second series of The Essex Bubble she was only age twenty years old; who was popular with the older boys such as Mario Falcone, four years older than her! Moreover, four years down the line Lucy is known as the fitness guru! She has sold over One million Discs around the country for women to put on their sports gear and engage in exercise in their own lounges with the TV! However, a new adventure which Lucy has recently taken is sharing her fabulous selfies of food made by her on her busy Instagram account sharing images of food, fitness, fashion what else can a girl share! Lucy, has just over 2.5 Million Followers( Go Lucy!) Lucy's latest adventure has been the release of her first, fresh Recipe Book which came out three days ago!


Q.What made you name your Recipe book,’ Eat the Lucy Loo Way?’
  1. There are several reasons to why I named my new recipe book the name it has, firstly my parents always use to call me ,’Lucy Loo’, and I felt I had to include a personal touch to the book! Also, my mum taught me when I was younger how to cook simple food such as pasta, eggs and food which I wouldn’t be able to burn !(Laughs) She always use to call the cooking sessions ,’Lucy Loo cooking days’. Another reason why the book has an informal name is because I didn't want my recipes to be too formal for the audience. The purpose of the easy recipe book is to eat healthy and clean with no hassle.


Q. What one ingredient have you included in most of your recipes and why?
  1. To be perfectly honest, I feel I love using Garlic cloves as it gives so much flavouring to the food and it is also very good for your immune system and skin. I remember when I was younger I had a throat infection and the Doctor told me to eat a Garlic Clove as it cleans your throat a bit like Antibacterial Hand Gel killing the germs! Therefore, I feel this spice gives food not only flavour but also it is great for the human body - it is a remedy!


Q. What food did you eat before you got into fitness?
  1. This is awful ( Laughs) but I loved Mcdonalds, KFC, Burger King! I was a proper fast food girl! I hated Vegetables and Fruit,’ No wonder why I had Acne when I was Sixteen’.


Q. Your book has been a great success in all parts of England - Especially Essex, why do you think that is?
  1. Thank you! My book has been a great success, as nearly all shops have sold out and more are being printed! Obviously Essex is my home town, therefore my friends and family  are going to support me! You are going to laugh but I have 100 copies to myself!!! It is a fantastic achievement for me!


Q. What is your favourite recipe in your new book?
  1. I have many favourite, fabulous recipes but one which stands out is my own homemade Bruschetta. I make the bread from scratch in a bread oven which I brought from lakelands. The bread is so quick and easy to make plus it's extremely healthy! The Bruschetta includes caramelized onions with roasted sun dried tomatoes and avocado. This recipe is delicious… I could have it everyday!


Q. Who has inspired you to create these recipes?  
  1. When I left the Essex Bubble I started intense training as I wanted a new image, new me, new start abit like New Year hahah! So when I was in the middle of training I started eating clean and healthy. Then eventually I made my own exercise videos for my target audience and made my own exercise classes, up and down the country. Therefore, I met people along the way who inspired me such as Jamie Oliver's Wife- Lisa, she invited me to the Restaurant; therefore she was one person who inspired me to get into organic eating and then I decided to start experimenting with different food!


Q. Did Jamie Oliver's Recipes help you figure out your own recipes?
  1. Yes, they were very helpful because I love how he includeis organic vegetables in most of his recipes, as it gives an extra flavour to the food. Jamie looks after the vegetables like his own baby! How he cleans them, cuts them and chops them.


Q. Where do you go food shopping for your fruit and vegetables?
  1. I buy lots of fruit and veg, my whole fridge is basically full of fruit and veg! My fridge looks very multicoloured !! I go to an organic shop in Primrose Hill every monday which is my food shop day. The reason why I go on Mondays is to get the fruit and veg,is because the fresh cargo is delivered monday mornings.


Q. What is your favourite Fruit and Veg and why? Do these certain types of fruit and veg feature in a lot of your recipes?
  1. I have so many favourite fruits and vegetables as I believe there is no better and yummier taste than fresh fruit! My favorite fruit is watermelon, I just find it so refreshing and beautiful. Also, My favourite veg… I have two to choose between! I can’t narrow it down so my favourite two are Plum Tomatoes and Avocados. Watermelon, features in my duck salad recipe and my fruit salad recipe. Also, Plum tomatoes are in my pasta recipe and Avocados are in my Mozzarella, Tomato and Avocado Salad Recipe.


 
Q. What made you create a recipe book?
  1. I decided to create a recipe book because I notice that many people do not eat healthy and clean when it is so easy to. It is not like you need lots of money to eat healthy, you can buy fruit and veg to create a great meal, from a supermarket to the local corner shop!
Q. Did you include meals for children?
  1. No I did not because I don't have kids of my own! However, one day I would love to create an easy recipe book for mums!


Q. What is a meal you have eaten in the past , but since you have become a clean eater you have not eaten again?
  1. Hmmmm… I loved M and S Shepherd's pie!!! But not anymore hahaha!!


Q. If you were to bring out another recipe book in the near future what would you include and why?
  1. That is a hard one because I love food! But I think I would make a book on Mediterranean food because my family routes are from Italy and I love Pasta ! So I think I would do a recipe book on Pasta. My late Great Grandma was the best italian cook… so I have all her old recipes!


Q. If you had to choose between a Meat recipe book or Fish recipe book which one would you choose?
  1. I am a fish eater! I love seafood so therefore I would make a fish recipe book! I am into the king jumbo prawns - I am not into the lamb chops hahaha!


Q. Have you been shocked by how well the Recipe Book has sold out rapidly?
  1. I have been stunned… over the moon ! So many words to explain my excitement and achievement! I have been extremely shocked as I would have never of thought countries across  the globe are wanting my book now! It is amazing!


Q. What countries have requested your Recipe Book?
  1. I have had various requests from Spain, France, Israel, China!


Q. Have you had fun with writing your Recipe Book?
  1. I have loved it! I find it very therapeutic! I will definitely be making more recipe books in the future!


Q. Our Interview has come to an end, but it has been amazing to interview you! I hope to be interviewing you in the near future about your future Recipe books! You have achieved so much and I wish you all the best. How do you think your interview has been?

  1. Thank you for having me! The interview experience has been amazing and I can't wait to come back for more interviews on later projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment