Thursday 8 October 2015

Common British Independent Films and themes. AND. British Urban Independent Cinema




Common British Independent films and themes:

In this lesson we had to research British Independent films along with themes. When researching the films that are made in Britain we had to look closely at the themes. For example, the theme of the Kings Speech is, Monarchy. Moreover, by looking at certain films we where able to understand the themes such as, Class society. After Researching we where able to make Prezis (which are uploaded above) The Presentation made on British Independent films and themes gave me the ability once the lesson was over to have the understanding of what themes mean besides settings. I enjoyed this lesson as it allowed me to learn new topics within Creative Media. Before this lesson I had not heard of British independent FILMS. Therefore, I was happy that I researched and learnt about the British Independent film industry with themes.




British Teen Urban Independent Cinema:


In the following lesson I began making a prezi on British Teen Urban Independent Cinema, I started to research the top twenty Urban Independent films made in Brittan. Whilst making the prezi and researching the films, I added trailers off the movies. Also, I mainly talked about the Genre of the film whether it be Drama or Discrimination. Secondly, I added history to the prezi's, by adding history it allowed me to understand why the film was made. For example, Pressure 1975 had the history off the first women becoming prime minister in Britain, known as Margret Thatcher. Not just national history used, I also interpreted film history to as why the film was made. I enjoyed making this prezi as it allowed me to understand City films. The British films made in a well known city gave me the understanding of different film making. For example, the film Fish Tank showed me the background of many lives past and present in the UK. This film showed a young girl use dancing as her therapy as she suffered family problems. Moreover, I enjoyed this lesson as I was a successful lesson  finding Genres and history along with trailers. Lastly, the lesson gave me an insight to why films are made in cities along with different Genres and the history behind the film nationally and personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment